in the footsteps of vincent
In the renewed Van Gogh Village Museum, you follow in the footsteps of Vincent van Gogh, divided over three thematic floors. You get to know his family, colleagues, friends, and loves. Nuenen and its surroundings inspired him for his first masterpiece: The Potato Eaters. In that place, you discover the landscape and the inhabitants through the eyes of Vincent. In his studio, you feel his desires and fears. You look over his shoulder as he paints that masterpiece.
The final piece of the exhibition is Vincent's Light Lab, an interactive experience revolving around light. His intensive search for perspective and light characterizes Vincent's Brabant period. The Potato Eaters was the result of this. In five experiments, visitors experience light the way Vincent did: marveling, exploring, learning, and creating. What is colour, what is light? And what do we actually see? In the Light Lab, the scientific and artistic perspectives meet.
- client van gogh sites foundation
- photography website mike bink
- year 2023
- www vangoghbrabant.com/nuenen
- exhibition design tinker imagineers
- set construction bruns
- set construction vincent's light lab flink
- av content veldkamp produkties, tinker imagineers
- sketches landscapes inge schagen
- paintings lightlab rina van der weij
- light design ata tech
- architect diederendirrix