The Dutch National Jenever Museum is located in a former Schiedam malt spirit roasting house and distillery. The city of Schiedam is the product of the rich jenever industry. Tinker imagineers designed the renovation, focusing on the modern experience of an authentic product and on the past and present of the distiller’s craft.
Silhouettes of buildings from this industry form the backdrop to the first room. Upon entering, you immediately smell the herbs and 'botanicals', the raw ingredients of jenever, whisky, and gin. A free-standing installation with more than 350 varieties of Dutch jenever is proof of the vitality of the industry today. On the second floor, you walk into an exhibition of close to one hundred jenever commercials and marketing messages from past and present.
- client national jenever museum schiedam
- year 2019
- www jenevermuseum.nl
- experience design tinker imagineers
- construction decor heijmerink en wagemakers
- light design 50lux
- photography mike bink, alyssa van heyst fotografie
- interviews andré kloer, nathalie lans